East Bay DSA has many caucuses, all working to meet the needs of East Bay residents. Find a caucus below that is engaged in the kind of transformative work that the working class needs.
Eugene Debs Caucus
The Democratic Party is the graveyard of social justice movements. For the working class to really be its own political force and challenge capitalism, it must have its own party. DSA can help build such a party by running local candidates and organizing campaigns directly in and out of the workplace, campus, and penal system.
- Founding members: John R., Cheryl Z., Dan L., Sean G., and Justin G.
- Contact: email@example.com
Craft Caucus will function as a space to create visual artifacts for our chapter and to forge connections over craft. Our vision of socialism isn't homogeneous or bureaucratic, but vibrant, creative, and crafty. We will model the world we seek by sharing resources, skills, and insights.
Since this caucus is just getting off the ground, we are encouraging folks who are interested in joining to fill out the survey below and list their skills, interests, and available spaces for holding meetings.
- Founding members: Hannah K., Megan S., Molly A., Dominic D., Frances R., Annika B., Jess D.-A., Benjamin F., Sean D., and Mark G
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate and Environmental Justice Caucus
The mission of the East Bay DSA Climate and Environmental Justice Caucus is to fight for marginalized communities, end fossil fuel dependence while furthering climate mitigation and resiliency, and ensure a just, equitable future worth living in for everyone.
- Founding members: Zach G., Mary K., Owen W., Meagan G., Shira Z. D., Michael K., and Bill B.
- Contact: email@example.com
Social Housing Caucus
The ultimate goal of the Social Housing Caucus of the East Bay Democratic Socialists of America is the realization of housing as a human right, claimable by all people without regards to their ability to pay. Put simply, we want to move towards the full de-commodification of housing.
- Founding members: Meagan D., Jeremy G., Shannon M., Robbie N., Megan S., Justin T., and Mary Virginia W.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Media Caucus
We're a group of East Bay DSA members who want to use the independent creation of media as an organizing tool and to help keep our membership connected and engaged at this moment when our membership has so rapidly expanded.
Please join us if you would like to make media and help our membership explore the question of who we are and where we are going!
- Founding members: Karina S., Sebastián C., Jetta R., Esten H., and Alex W.
- Contact: email@example.com