The Democratic Socialists of America's 2017 convention, the largest in history, will be in Chicago this year from August 3 through 6. East Bay DSA is sending 24 delegates to represent our more than 600 members.
As we get closer to the convention, the amendments and proposals on which your delegates will be voting are being finalized and released. Here we will provide you with a timeline of what to expect and when. We'll update this page as more info becomes available so members and delegates can stay informed.
DSA Convention Delegate Resources
If you're attending this year's convention, here's almost everything you need to know. (East Bay DSA has no official position on deep-dish pizza.)
DSA Convention Procedures
- Amendments: All amendments to the DSA constitution are released through convention bulletins.
- Priorities resolutions: Priorities resolutions will be released to delegates via a virtual conference on July 15. We'll update this page with those resolutions as soon as we can. (Priorities resolutions from the previous convention are also available.)
- Political resolutions: Political resolutions will be released on July 21. We'll also update this page with those resolutions as soon as we can.
- NPC Candidates: Candidates for the National Political Committee (NPC) will not be announced until the convention.
DSA Convention Issues
Delegates should be familiar with these issues in order to debate these issues at the convention.
- Electoral strategy:
- Withdrawing from Socialist International: The DSA Has a Future Outside of the Socialist International (Medium, Elizabeth Mahony)
- Boycott, Divestment, Sanction (BDS) Movement: In Solidarity with the Struggle for Justice in Palestine (DSA Left Caucus)
- Spring Platform: 2017 Spring Platform (DSA)
Support Our Delegates
Not attending, but want to help us get our delegates to Chicago? Donate to our fundraiser!