Committed groups within the chapter
East Bay DSA has many caucuses, all working to meet the needs of East Bay residents. Find a caucus below that is engaged in the kind of transformative work that the working class needs.
Eugene Debs Caucus
The Democratic Party is the graveyard of social justice movements. For the working class to really be its own political force and challenge capitalism, it must have its own party. DSA can help build such a party by running local candidates and organizing campaigns directly in and out of the workplace, campus, and penal system.
- Founding members: John R., Cheryl Z., Dan L., Sean G., and Justin G.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Craft Caucus will function as a space to create visual artifacts for our chapter and to forge connections over craft. Our vision of socialism isn't homogeneous or bureaucratic, but vibrant, creative, and crafty. We will model the world we seek by sharing resources, skills, and insights.
Since this caucus is just getting off the ground, we are encouraging folks who are interested in joining to fill out the survey below and list their skills, interests, and available spaces for holding meetings.
- Founding members: Hannah K., Megan S., Molly A., Dominic D., Frances R., Annika B., Jess D.-A., Benjamin F., Sean D., and Mark G
- Contact: email@example.com
Climate and Environmental Justice Caucus
The mission of the East Bay DSA Climate and Environmental Justice Caucus is to fight for marginalized communities, end fossil fuel dependence while furthering climate mitigation and resiliency, and ensure a just, equitable future worth living in for everyone.
- Founding members: Zach G., Mary K., Owen W., Meagan G., Shira Z. D., Michael K., and Bill B.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Housing Caucus
The ultimate goal of the Social Housing Caucus of the East Bay Democratic Socialists of America is the realization of housing as a human right, claimable by all people without regards to their ability to pay. Put simply, we want to move towards the full de-commodification of housing.
- Founding members: Megan S., Justin T., Keith B., Meagan G., Richard M., and Rick P.
- Contact: email@example.com
Independent Media Caucus
Do you think that the creation of independent media is a potentially powerful organizing tool?
Then join us! We've got a podcast pilot produced and hope to build a team to keep it going, including interviews with other DSA chapters, chats with East Bay DSA caucuses, and educational segments about socialist thought and history. The sky's the limit!
- Founding members: Karina S., Sebastián C., Jetta R., Esten H., and Alex W.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in using "worker inquiry" to build working-class power from the bottom up in the East Bay.
Our current projects are a tenant's council, homeless camp support, and assistance with Abolition Caucus' brake light program.
Read our statement for more info on what we're about!
- Founding members: Elizabeth C., Cece S., William O., Justin D., and Kaitlin O.
- Contact: email@example.com
Immigrants' Rights Caucus
The mission of the Immigrants' Rights caucus is to fight for immigrants. We hope to do this by making connections with immigrant communities in the Bay, educating chapter members about immigration, coordinating with other DSA chapters in California on actions, and fighting to bring about a just, socialist economic order for this nation's immigrants.
- Founding members: Muller G., Regina C., Ahmed K., Anthony L., and Joseph W.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the peace caucus of East Bay DSA is to contribute to the goal of a world free of war, the danger of nuclear annihilation, war profiteering, and the militarization of police.
The escalating military budget undercuts domestic spending on health care, housing, and education. US militarism enables harmful foreign intervention, continuous wars, and neocolonialism and is toxic to the climate and environment. Reliance on nuclear weapons as an instrument of foreign policy threatens to kill millions of people, if not everyone on the planet.
We aim to facilitate discussion of these issues within DSA and the broader community to help build an effective peace movement.
- Founding members: Barbara E., Susan S., Susan C., Michael K., Alice D., Marc P., Raymond B., and Eugene R.
- Contact: email@example.com
EBDSA Refoundation Caucus
We are members of East Bay DSA and DSA Refoundation, The Radical Left Caucus of DSA. We wish to see DSA help create a mass, working-class socialist party in our lifetimes. We are Marxists, revolutionary socialists, internationalists, and anti-imperialists.
- Founding members: K. Khan, Ahmed K., Liz F., Daniel E., David S., Alex R., Rosa A.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Socialist Feminist Caucus
The SocFem Caucus aims to bring a socialist perspective to the Bay Area mainstream feminist movement and a feminist perspective to EBDSA.
We are a space to learn and organize around feminist issues such as reproductive justice, racial justice, and other economic issues that especially impact poor and working-class women and LGBTQIA people.
Founding members: Regina Larre C., Maia A., Dominic D., Jenny W., Jackie A., Maura M.