2020 Steering Committee Elections
Congratulations to our Newly Elected Steering Committee!
A total of twenty-three candidates ran for thirteen seats on our Steering Committee. Over 450 members cast their votes, the most in any election to date! Here's the final list of winners:
You can see the full vote break-down from Opa Vote here:
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone who ran and voted!
All SC members are elected for a one-year term, including two Co-Chairs, a Vice-Chair, a Recording Secretary, a Communications Secretary, a Treasurer, and seven At-Large members. You can read the role descriptions in our bylaws.
- Alex S.
- Annika B.
- Benny Z.
- Emma W.B.
- Erica W.
- Gerald S.
- Jess B.
- Katie F.
- Katy SS.
- Luci R.
- Luke T.
- Miguel B.
- Miguel D.
Steering Committee Elections Timeline
- Open period for candidate nominations, until 4/26, 11:59 p.m. PST (require 10 nominators, via this Nomination Form)
- Nominators must be members in good standing
- Any given member can nominate multiple candidates
- Nominees must be in good standing and have been East Bay DSA members for at least 3 months before the date of the election
- Deadline for candidates to accept/reject nomination
- Candidates submit candidate statements (300 word limit)
- SC candidates announced to membership via email
- Candidate statements uploaded to website
- Candidate Forum via online conferencing (link TBA), in which candidates for SC are able to make their case as well as answer moderated questions from assembled members.
- OpaVote Link sent to membership. Link open for one week to vote (deadline May 23 at 11:59 pm).
- Members must have joined East Bay DSA at least 1 month before the election, be current dues paying members at the time of the election, and not have been lapsed for the full year preceding the date of the election in order to vote in Steering Committee election.
- New SC announced to membership via email and social media
- New SC takes office at the closing of June 24 2020 SC meeting