We will be holding elections for chapter leadership (Executive Committee) at our January 14 General Meeting.
See our election information for a full rundown of the details, including position descriptions.
Election Guidelines in Brief
- The term for this election is six months.
- If you want to run, you must fill out the Candidate Application for DSA Executive Committee form by January 5.
- To run or vote, you must be a paid DSA member by January 5. You can become a member by joining the national DSA organization online.
- The election will be held in person on the January 14, and candidates will have very brief speaking slots to talk about why they're running.
Descriptions of Available Positions
- Secretary: Manage the chapter's membership lists and correspondence, note-taking at general and executive meetings (one open position).
- Treasurer: Manage the chapter's finances, plan a budget, handle reimbursements, and assist with fundraising efforts (one open position).
- At-Large Member: Serve as a representative with a vote on the executive committee, support the strategic and organizational functions of the committee, and other projects as necessary (nine open positions).
- Co-Chair and Vice Chair: Serves primarily logistical roles and schedules and runs General and Executive meetings (two open co-chair positions and one open vice chair position). Chosen by the Executive Committee from the elected at-large members. Votes are equal to other at-large members. Vice-chair steps in for one of the co-chairs if they are unavailable.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!