The East Bay DSA 2018 Convention has come to a close. This was a tremendous effort on behalf of the chapter's membership, including the candidates, authors and signatories of the two priorities resolutions, and the many volunteers who helped make the event possible.
The membership voted to enact the Bread and Roses priorities resolution with 159 votes in favor of that resolution, 67 in favor of the Working Class Unity and Power priorities resolution, and 11 abstentions.
Steering Committee Members
Congratulations to the winners of the Steering Committee elections. The winners are
- Co-Chairs: Angie LaFlame and Zach McDonald
- Vice Chair: Abigail Gutmann-Gonzalez
- Treasurer: Sean Murphy
- Recording Secretary: Mark Gabriel
- Communications Secretary: Dominic Dagradi
- At-Large Members: Hasan-Can Arat, Keith Brower Brown, Nestor Castillo, Hannah Ehrlinspiel, Jeremy Gong, Aaron Hall, and Megan Svoboda
Per the chapter bylaws, the newly elected Steering Committee members will take their positions at the end of the month.
As a thoroughly democratic body, and in the interest of transparency, the results of the election are provided here.
For positions with more than two candidates, our chapter used a ranked-choice voting system known as Scottish single-transferable vote (STV). Vote tallies for these positions are linked.
- Abigail Gutmann-Gonzalez: 212 (63%)
- Sergio Guadarrama: 127 (37%)
- Sean Murphy: 210 (60%)
- Antonio B.H.: 138 (40%)
- Mark Gabriel: 192 (55%)
- Karina Stenquist: 159 (45%)
- Dominic Dagradi: 185 (54%)
- Miguel Duarte: 158 (46%)