Member Positions for December 10 General Meeting
On December 10, East Bay DSA members will vote on two proposals put forth to the general membership. See the official agenda for the proposals up for discussion at this meeting.
Members may submit statements in the weeks leading up to the vote, which are listed below, to make the case for or against either proposal. Position statements should be submitted to email@example.com
East Bay DSA Resolution to Join the Campaign for Medicare for All
Submitted by Ari M. and Jeremy G.
- Strategy and principle: East Bay DSA leaders in support of the national M4A campaign by 31 appointed and elected leaders of East Bay DSA
- Yes on Medicare for All by K. Khan
- None yet
Brake Lights Endorsement Proposal
Submitted by Joey K.
- Position statement by Jetta Rae
- Pro Position Paper by Claudette B.
- Brake Lights - Pro by Daniel H.
- In support of the EBDSA Brakelights Endorsement Proposal by Liz F. and Ahmed K.
- Power makes light; brake lights don't make power by Michael M.
Statements are suggested to be
- About a specific possible vote on one proposal and present a clear argument for or against (for example, "East Bay DSA should enact [proposal] because of [these reasons]")
- Between 250 and 750 words (suggested)
- Submitted by East Bay DSA members, individually or as joint or co-signed statements (collaboration is encouraged)
Position Statement Submission
All statements are published as submitted, provided that
- The author or authors were East Bay DSA members in good standing
- The statement was on the topic of proposals for the December 10, 2017 general meeting
- Its arguments were made in the spirit of comradely debate and did not include hate speech or ad hominem content
Please submit all position statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.