Class Struggle: The Motor of History
Below are the readings for the October 23 session of Fall Socialist School.
These readings will be covered in the first session. Read either or both.
- Vivek Chibber, Why the Working Class?, Jacobin (5 mins, easy)
- Bryan Palmer, Uniting the Dispossessed, Jacobin (5 mins, easy)
These readings will help provide additional information to what's covered in the required readings above.
- Eric Olin Wright, Class Analysis chapter from Class Matters [PDF] (30 mins, moderate)
- Ernest Mandel, The Theory of Value and Surplus Value from An Introduction to Marxist Economic Theory (30 mins, moderate)
These readings will provide historical context to the concepts introduced in the other readings.
- Frederich Engels, Historical Materialism from Socialism: Utopian and Scientific (1880)
Review the study guide for this session.
See the readings for the October 30 session of Fall Socialist School.